Saturday, January 23, 2010

killer calves

No, I'm not talking about farm animals :)

For all the swimming, biking and running; along with the weight lifting and core strength training, I was blown away by the step and strength class that i did on Thursday.

This is a class that I was a regular at for a good 2 years before discovering Triathlons.   I could bust a move around that 1+ foot high riser!! Well thursday, I was feeling rather confident - did my 2500yd swim and headed up to core class.  Step follows core and I had time and forgotten my ipod (so running was out) and decided to stick around for this class I hadn't attended since last spring.

I did GREAT - my endurance has improved to the extent that I could go full on intensity and not miss a move.   Mixed in with step are 3-4 breakouts for freeweight lifting and lunges/squats.  Again, I did great - my bootie got down far just the way it should.

So I woke up Friday, with the tightest, most sore calves e v e r - now today Saturday, I'm walking like a duck.  It's good pain, but it hurts!!!

Never underestimate the power of changing up your routine with a different workout that wakes up a different set of muscles  haha

PS hopefully, my swim workout goes well this morning - i did run 4 miles on the treadmill last night - after walking the first 1/4 mile, i got up to a jog and then a 6.0 pace for the remainder and it was fine.  I was dying again shortly after though lol

No comments:

Post a Comment